Friday, February 18, 2011

First emergency on-call

So, there was it. My first Emergency on-call, perhaps my first time feeling so excited about going on-calls.

Lol! Ape dah jadi dengan I ni? Rajin tibe2…

Particularly because I've heard a lot of good feedbacks from the seniors and friends who had been in this department before me. 100% of good feedbacks on their experiences in the UGD (Unit Gawat Darurat @ A&E), with the administration and most of all good communications with the residents (well, how many times have you heard me complaining about other residents in other departments I've been to being unfriendly, bossy and annoyingly panicky? A lot!).
Koas jaga di UGD - Ceria selalu! :P
Ever since the first day, we were warmly welcomed, the secretary clearly explained to us every single detail of our job scopes and tasks. The supervisors came to welcomed and gave us some briefing too, and we had our first tutor and practice on how to intubate! I felt overwhelm!
Dekat UGD kiteorg mmg kerusi/bench very limited...
Jadi kalo pas lagi capek semua, berjongkok aja disamping pasien... 
Tonight's 16-hour on-call was fairly good. Though there were not many 'interesting' cases to gained experience on, but every now and then, we were briefed on some common cases to master on. Although emergency is known to be the most hectic department ever, but I  find tranquility and total calmness in almost all the doctors – they are independent and have professional work etiquette.

Okay, gotta get some sleep now. So excited that Khairun, Yang and Farah are arriving this evening! *happppy*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...