Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mak’s house

Wow, is this mak's house?!! WOWWWW!!!

This was my breeding crib. the place where I grew up, but now it doesn't look a bit (not even a bit!) like the place I used to call home. Cantiknya!!! After months of renovation and makeover, Mak's house has turned into a very nice modern contemporary house! Thanks to my architect aunt, Maksu who worked hard for it and designing it, awesome!

I stepped into the 'new' house with my 'jakunist' style and heard screaming of the little girls "Ude!!!! Yay, ude dah balik!!!!!", and Maksu was excitedly squeal too when I surprised her in the kitchen. Tapi… mak diam je and senyum. Mak selalu mcm tu, macam takde perasaan, or control ayu and always cool.
Then Aunty-T came with her forever amazed to see how I have grown up especially at certain part of my body which is weirdly has a higher growing rate compared to the other parts.

We spent hours in the house, the adults stayed downstairs, while me and the kids played upstairs. Although the house is not completely done yet, but it is still nice and cozy! The living room has new a leather couch, stereo set, modern grandfather clock and a medium sized flat aquarium hanging on the wall like a picture frame, I call it 'aquarium ikan bilis', while the second living hall has a set of very big and comfortable couches. The kitchen has black tiles and all matching kitchen utensils in metallic with a little laundry by the corner, mak's room is in soothing green, Amy's room is cotton candy purple, the study room is baby blue, and all came with glossy white furniture.

At mak's house, Maksu served us the World's best cendol! You know… the cendol from the mamak at SS15 kiosk (they used to sell in bicycle to vendor's lorry and I once got shitted by a bird while enduring some cendol under the coconuts tree). Arwah atok's favourite cendol. It is legendary, it has been decades and the mamak never failed to get a beeline queuing at their stall. I bet the mamak is now a millionaire. (Laa… cite pasal mamak cendol plak~)

Mak's house, no matter how it is, it is still a home for all of us. I am proud to say that my grandparents were among the pioneer of Subang Jaya. From Singapore to Puchong and ended up here, Subang Jaya – my kampong, my house, my school, my life, is where I found my chi…

(I'll try to get some photos later when I come by again)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bil ... mana gambar ... it should now be aptly known as maksue's drem house

Bil said...

takde gambar.. nnt sruh along abik la. cun skit!
but its odd to call it maksu's hse.
kite panggil RUMAH MAK!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...